The importance of WordPress security when running a business website was today's topic on the e-Edge Marketing BlogTalkRadio Show.
Leigha Baer grilled me with questions on how to keep your WordPress site safe from malicious hackers.
She wanted to know how business owners could have safe WordPress sites.
Holding true to her word, she grilled me like grilled cheese sandwich on questions like…
- How I got involved in doing security work.
- The difference in security issues between WordPress and static websites.
- Besides getting a computer virus, what other security issues are there when hosting your own website.
- What kind of firewall is good enough for your operating system.
- Which backup plugins do I recommend to make daily WordPress backups.
- To change the mind frame many people have that WordPress is a “set it and forget it” application, why doing WordPress and plugin upgrades are so important.
- Explain what the heck CHMOD is and how to set server permissions.
- How to generate a strong password.
- What security considerations are there when choosing a hosting provider.
- What a compromised WordPress site looks like.
- The immediate action you should take when your website is hacked.
- What levels of security services do I provide for webmasters.
- Why and how you should use SFTP instead of FTP when uploading files to your server.
- How people can reach me with questions or concerns about WordPress security.
Now for my grilling:
Listen with the audio player below:
If the above player does not work in your browser, listen here.
Be sure to click the “Share” buttons below and invite your friend listen too. We all need to help each other out to create safer WordPress websites.
I look forward to seeing you there.