WordPress 3.7.1 was released October 29, 2013, just 5 days after version 3.7. This maintenance release includes 11 bug fixes.
According to WordPress.org, if you’ve already upgraded to WordPress 3.7, the new automatic background updates should take care of this for you in the next few hours. Note: This will only work if your site supports the automatic update.
Not sure if your site will run the automatic update? You can check by installing the Background Update Tester plugin. (Tip: After you’ve run the tester, be sure to deactivate and delete the plugin. No need to keep it on the server if you’re not using it.)
Here’s a summary of the WordPress 3.7.1 bug fixes:
- Images with captions no longer appear broken in the visual editor.
- Allow some sites running on old or poorly configured servers to continue to check for updates from WordPress.org.
- Avoid fatal errors with certain plugins that were incorrectly calling some WordPress functions too early
- Fix hierarchical sorting in get_pages(), exclusions in wp_list_categories(), and in_category() when called with empty values.
- Fix a warning that may occur in certain setups while performing a search, and a few other notices.
Here’s a list of revised files including in this update:
Also, hop on over to the WordPress 3.7 Master List and check out any issues being reported.
Important Questions For You – Are you running backups on your site? I’m not just talking about database backups, but do you schedule full site backups too so all your site files and media (images, pdfs, videos, audios, etc.) are stored safely? What happens if the automatic update or a plugin conflict breaks your site? I sure hope so.
If not, you can easily install the BackupBuddy plugin and schedule daily backups and store them offsite (such as AmazonS3, Dropbox, etc.) just in case something goes wrong. Every website owner NEEDS regular site backups!
Get BackupBuddy now and save 35% off with coupon code (expires 10/31/2013): SPOOKY35
And if you’re reading this post after the coupon expiration date, you can still save 25% off with coupon code: WPSECURITYLOCKS
Please help others using WordPress and share this post by using the social icons below and email the link to this article to your list.
Leave Your Feedback
Let us know if the automatic update to WordPress 3.7.1 worked for you. And have you found any WordPress plugin or theme conflicts with WordPress 3.7 or WordPress 3.7.1? Please share by leaving your comment below.