What are the best WordPress security plugins?
Did you miss the WordPress security roundtable? You missed some interesting and important topics!
WPSecurityLock's Regina Smola was a guest expert/panelist on this roundtable podcast about security plugin's for WordPress. Joining the roundtable were Chris Wiegman – Lead Developer of iThemes Security, Brennen Byrne – Founder and CEO of Clef and Sam Hotchkiss – Founder of BruteProtect.
Topics discussed included:
- Two-Factor Authentication as one of the best ways to secure WordPress
- WordPress 3.9 coming soon
- Best WP Security becoming iThemes Security
- Why small WordPress sites are becoming the focus of hackers
- The 3 places hackers can find your usernames and how to protect them
- Why you shouldn't share your passwords with your team via email and an app that can help with that
- Increasing cases of “pharma-hacks”
- The problem with passwords
- Why plugins and themes you no longer use make your site more vulnerable
- WordPress Security trends
- WordPress Security best practices
and much more!
Head on over to WP Tavern where Jeff Chandler has posted the replay and some show notes. Jeff is a contributor to WPTavern and hosts a weekly podcast.
And be sure to sign up for our mailing list to be notified of WordPress security news, tips, upcoming podcasts, roundtables & webinars.