The New Year is here! The question we have for you is “Are you ready?” It is important to have an action plan for 2015, but does it also include keeping your livelihood safe?
When it comes to planning for your BIG new year it is key to BE SAFE. That means no hackers allowed!
How can this be accomplished? There are a few simple website steps that you can incorporate now while you set up your new business endeavors this year.
Here are 5 simple website steps you can put into place right now to help you have a successful year in 2015. Don't miss out on building your website to be the best because of not being safe.
- Passwords – These important bad boys are first for a reason. Without a secure password your business is doomed. Establishing a STRONG password is key and ultimately vital for your business to be successful. If you haven't already, setup your account with LASTPASS. Begin fighting off hackers that want to sabotage your business! The moble app is truly a life saver – you should never leave home without being protected.
- Use Security Plugins – There is one we strongly recommend: iThemes Security. It is well worth it to install this security plugin. Plus it gives a real piece of mind knowing that your site is becoming attack proof.
- Don't allow Pingbacks – Trackback & pinbacks let you know when someone has linked to your blog within their own blog post. Many like to do this but it can cause a door to open for hackers to enter. Disabling them all together will help shut that door & give you added protection.
- Backup – Backing up your site is crucial. With BackupBuddy you can create data or full backups, schedule your backups, and send your backups to offsite storage like: Amazon, Dropbox & email etc. Plus it's really easy to restore your site if need be.
- Upgrade – This last tip is a reminder to upgrade your plugins, wordpress & themes regularly. Don't fall behind on this. Updates are created to have the best all the time. Take the few moments you need to be up-to-date and current with the versions that are out there.
So, are you ready for the New Year? Hopefully you have already taken the time to be safe in 2015. If not what's stopping you from keeping those pesty hackers out of your money pot? Your business needs care – give it that with these 5 tips.
If your site has been attacked or think that you need some help just let us know here at WP Security Lock.