October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. It's a collaborative effort between government and industry to ensure everyone has the resources they need to stay safer and more secure online. What can YOU do to make the Internet a safer place?
Here are 5 quick tips:
1) Be sure to report phishing emails and any suspicious online activity to the appropriate parties.
2) Take the time to teach children/teens about online safety so they use better judgement and behavior when connecting to the Internet.
3) Set privacy/security settings on all social channels like Twitter & Facebook, your mobile devices and home computers.
4) People are not always who they say they are! Be cautious with who you interact with online.
and the big one…….you know the saying “What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas” well it rings true on the Internet.
5) Remember that any information you share online STAYS online FOREVER. Don't share any personal information like travel itineraries, home address, etc. And don't share other people's personal info either.
If you start with these 5 simple Internet security tips above you can help make the Internet a safer place for everyone.
Do you have any additional tips? Please share in the comments below.
Be sure to also see tips and advice from the national cyber security awareness campaign, STOP. THINK. CONNECT. It would be great if you could share our post and the campaign on all your social channels too.
Here are WP Security Lock we focus on helping our clients be more secure in their online endeavors. We can help you secure your WordPress site from malware and we can tell you if your WordPress blog is safe from those nasty hackers.
We also help protect your investment of time and money in your WordPress site with one of our monthly security packages. Get peace of mind knowing your site is expertly maintained here at WP Security Lock.