It's National Cyber Security Awareness Month. This month's official theme and call to action is for all global citizens to take basic steps to make the Internet more safe and secure. They urge everyone to STOP. THINK. CONNECT.
“We live in a global, digital age where people, networks and devices are increasingly interconnected, and everyone needs to be taking steps to use the Internet safely and more securely,” said Michael Kaiser, NCSA’s executive director. “Practicing good cybersecurity empowers Internet users to reap the benefits of connectivity with greater confidence. National Cyber Security Awareness Month succeeds when we work together to build a safer, more secure and trusted Internet. Awareness month is a must.”
Here's a roundup of our most popular digital security tips here at WP Security Lock. These will help protect against online threats!
Make it a point to be on top of this stuff on a regular basis.
Digital Security Tips Roundup:
- Are you using the same password for multiple sites? Change that bad habit NOW & use a secure password manager
- Always on the go? Find the best mobile security apps
- Are you aware of the security risks when you're on public Wi-Fi?
- Protect your privacy & identity while on the go with a VPN (virtual private network)
- Keep your money making machine clean!
And here's a fun page with digital security lifehacks to make online life safer and easier!
Short and simple today but full of goodness. Be safe out there on the net.
Do yo have any digital security tips to add?