It is a start of a New Year and already Endurance International Group (EIG) has had issues with their entire Provo, Utah server system again. This left millions of websites down.
On December 31, 2013 many of the web host services that are operated by EIG went down until Jan 2, 2014. The entire data center in Provo Utah was completely down. During the outage, many customers where unable to get a response from tech support because the entire data center in Utah was also down. At this time most servers in the data center have been restored.
Currently, EIG houses nearly 3 Million customers and 10 million domains, which are through many different hosting companies.
As a customer, in most cases, you would not know that one company maintains so many hosting carriers. You begin to have issues with the service which has occurred in the last few days. Many people are searching out a for a great deal from a new web host, unaware that they may go to another host owned by EIG and may face the same situation. This costs your site down time and worst of all revenue that your site creates.
Here is a list of companies held by EIG from Wikipedia
- 2slick.com, AccountSupport, A Small Orange, ApolloHosting
- Berry Information Systems L.L.C., BizLand, BlueDomino, Bluehost
- Dollar2Host, Domain.com, DomainHost, Dot5Hosting, Dotster
- easyCGI, eHost, EntryHost
- FastDomain, FatCow, FreeYellow
- [email protected]
- Homestead, HostCentric, HostClear, HostGator, Hostnine, HostMonster, hostwithmenow.com, HostYourSite.com, HyperMart
- IMOutdoors, Intuit Websites, iPage.com, IPOWER/iPowerWeb
- MyDomain, MyResellerHome
- NetFirms, Networks Web Hosting, Nexx
- PowWeb, PureHost
- Saba-Pro, SEO Hosting, Southeast Web, Spry, StartLogic, SuperGreen Hosting
- VirtualAvenue, VPSLink
- WebHost4Life, Webstrike Solutions
At WP Security Lock we had to move away from using HostGator when EIG experienced a similar major outage in August 2013. It makes it very difficult to provide a top notch service when you as a client can't access our services. We have moved over to Liquid Web, which was a relatively easy transition, and we now have a more reliable and secure web host. If you're considering moving to liquid web, we suggest getting storm VPS starting with 2GB. If you need a hand with the transferring your website(s),we can take of that for you with our WordPress Hosting Transfer Service.
Leave Your Feedback
Have you been affected by the EIG server outage? Please share with us your experience with which hosting company your site is on, how long it was down, and were you able to get tech support help. We look forward to hearing from you. Just leave your comment below.